Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog Loving!

Blogging!


I have found that Blogging has become my favorite past time... If I am not blogging something, then I am reading someone elses blog!

I LOVE IT! Just take the key to my heart you WONDERFUL people!


I am attracted to SMART people! I do not even know who they are, but I am intrigued by them! It is AMAZING!

Since I have been in Kuwait, I have hardly made any friends...
That is strange to me... But something that I am used to. I have been contracting for a long time and I have moved around A LOT so I generally do not get too attached to anyone. I am almost sure that is NOT healthy! I have abandonment issues! LOL.

When I am on the bus to go to work I hear, "Hey Amber", "Hi Amber"...
When I am at the grocery store... In Fahaheel... Malls... Eating Dinner... ETC same thing. A lot of people KNOW who I am... Yet- I do not have friends.

Have I closed myself of as a defense mechanism?


To start the year off right... I have decided to STAY AWAY from any OFFICE DRAMA... And make some friends that do NOT work in my office!

6 comments:

  1. Happy new year, and that's a great decision... avoid drama!

    I can totally relate to knowing a lot of people but not having many 'real' friends. I know part of that is because it's been so long since I've interacted with other Americans it leaves me kinda dangling in a culture I love, but will never truly define me. And because when I did work with Americans, my position prohibited me from making friends at work, which sucked because a lot of my colleagues were awesome!

    You're a wonderful person, a great mom, and a fantastic wife. You have all you need. And though having friends is always a nice thing, it's not always the most necessary thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you!
      HOWEVER- I am 28 and i act like I am 50! I think that it is important to never lose myself. I am covered with titles... Mother, Wife, Logistical Analyst II...
      I know that my family is all I need and I am SO BLESSED to have a great family. We have been a "NUCLEUS" for the 2 years that I have been here.
      When I did make friends before... Something about them... Just didnt sit right so I stopped communication. BUT I do think that there are some good/GREAT people out here who share my same values, morals and hobbies! Those are the people that I need to be around. The ones who enrich my life!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I have enjoyed looking through your blog. I am also an American living in Kuwait. My boys (ages 7 and 2) and I moved here about 3 months ago to join my husband, who's been here for about 6 months. I found out about your blog from a comment from Expat in the City on my blog. :) It's always nice to meet other American families living here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much! I have added you to my reading list!

      Delete
  3. Yay! I'm not only good at match making but friend
    making as well. Hehe! I'm so glad u joined Twitter and now all u need is Instagram. Love your blog and just know it's difficult making real friends here. But all the American bloggers already love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it is hard to make REAL friends... So I guess online friends will do! LOL. They stimulate me mentally! I will NEVER get an Instagram! But you were right about the Twitter!!! All the American bloggers... All 6 of them! HAHAHA. J/K!

      Delete