Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 18th 2013- Hysteroscopy


What a day! I took 2 pills at 0700... And then to the doctor at 0800. Me and Karina sat there until 0830 when they assigned me a room...
***Make sure you shave ANYTIME you are about to go and get a procedure done!*** (I learned that the HARD way this morning... I met a razor with only 2 blades, I didm't know that they still made those!!!) 
The nurse was RUSHING me... Then I get to the surgery floor... And they said that there was a couple of emergencies.... So... Back to my room. I went back around 1115. They had me staged with two other women... They took me first though!:) Once in the operating room... They positioned me on a special bed where the end of the bed comes off. They had me put my legs up around a black pole on each side and then my feet into stirrups. I promise I felt like an ANIMAL at this very moment. Finally they covered me up as I was out in the open for all 20 people in there to see my... "PocketBook"! I looked over to my right side and saw the man who was going to put me to sleep. He gave me Propofol. It looked like Milk! Within 15-30 seconds... I was KNOCKED OUT! I woke up in the recovery room. I was taken back to my room. I looked down at my "PocketBook" and saw that there was Iodine all over down there. So I went to the bathroom to clean myself up. I drank a little bit and then waited for the doctor to come in. Once she did... She gave me medicine (antibiotics to avoid infection) I was given Flagyl 400 mg, Doxycycline 100 mg, Flucozal 150 mg and Warimazol Vag 200 mg (That is a tablet that I have to insert into my "Pocketbook" for 3 days.) 
Karina came and picked me up and we went to grab something to eat. I was about 1330 by then. When she pulled up to my villa, I told her my head hurt and I felt like I would be sick...
Oh My GAWDDD!!! I threw up everything that I ate... AND some. It was so painful! I just kept heaving! Not the best experience! I couldn't stop and my head was killing me! Talking was painful! And I was shaking cold!!! I felt like I was freezing!
I finally fell asleep and then I was up at 1700 to go back to the doctor. I took Mims with me and I didn't have to wait long. Although I know there was a LOT of people that were there before me! (Thank you!!!) I spoke to the doctor. He gave me a prescription for my injections and for folic acid. I asked him what were my statistics of getting pregnant now that he has had a look... He said 60%! I think that is good! As long as it keeps rising!
I got my prescriptions and then came back up to get my first injection. It was not so bad. I have to take one injection for 21 days in my arms. Alternate arms everyday. So I have a LOT of medicine to take for the next week... And then injections. I have to go back after my period starts. The second day of my period, that will be the NEXT STEP!
Thanks Karina!!! I appreciate having our GIRL time and you taking care of me today!!! 
Here are a couple of pictures that I took today!







4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience! I am rooting for you! I laughed so loud when I read that you call it your "pocket book"! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allyson- I am feeling much better! I am glad to know that you are sending happy thoughts!! :) I might have to put a legend for all the nicknames I will be giving things! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for you Amber. I hope your wish comes true. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAY THERE NICE BLOG
    PLEASE VISIT HERE TO KNOW MORE
    Hysteroscopy Expert in Dubai

    ReplyDelete