Many times when people are going through IVF, they do not know who should know. So who should you tell?
1. Tell your DIRECT supervisor! I have a lot of management in my office, but I only told ONE of my managers.
2. CLOSE friends… I have only told a handful of people. (And who ever reads the blog) //We have also told the kids!!!//
3. I HAVE NOT told my family… But we have told Gustavo’s Mother.
Now here are the reasons:- Tell your boss because you may be moody with the meds that you are taking. Also because there is a possibility that you will be missing a lot of work. You do not want them to think that you do NOT have a valid reason. I have my doctor give me a sick note, even though I am not asked for it. Just to be on the SAFE side
- Tell people that care about you and want you happy. They will have a positive energy that will make life a bit LESS stressful. Talk to them and share what you are going thru. One minute you may be crying and the next minute… laughing.
- I have NOT told my family because I am SCARED to fail. I would hate to get everyone all excited and then have the worst happen.
Now this is just my outlook. You do not have to do it “MY” way. This is just how WE have done it.
I know you may be thinking… How is it a secret if it is on a blog? And the answer is: It isn’t a secret… and I just want to remember EVERY lil piece of this voyage! It is hard to find out a lot of good info on the process!