Friday, March 13, 2015

No New Friends

Let me tell you about the friends I got! I can really count them on my hands. These are the woman that I most important to me... This is not in any order and I didn't put their real names because the nicknames I gave them are special...

1. Tiner Tot- She is relation... More like a sister. She helped raise me even though she isn't much older than me. She is a Super Woman to me! An inspiration to me. She is selfless and always available. I enjoy talking to her EVERY day. (Known her my whole life)

2. Cathy (Pink n Blue)- I have known her since 5th grade. We evolved together. From sharing lockers and doing hair to clubbing and then to motherhood. I can call her and tell her anything... And not feel bad. She likes her space and I don't mind. (Going on 20 years)

3. Shak- This lady was a co-worker. Everyone expected us to hate each other since we were both so strong minded... But the opposite happened. I spent a lot of time with her in Iraq after work. I haven't seen her in a long time but I sure do miss her and she still holds the title! (Almost 10 years)

4. Moni-  met her on the internet... Not in a freaky way but I was looking to lease an apartment at the complex she worked for. Things fell into place and we became instant friends. (7 years)

5. Yanny- We met when we were pregnant. She was having a boy and I was having Mimi. We were due around the same time. Her brother was my next door neighbor. I talk to her weekly and when we get together, time just flies. I love spending time with her. She is well versed in the Bible and cooking. (10 years)

6. Gabba- She is my newest addition... She is real, she is raw... She is loyal. I like that we are honest with each other. I do not judge her and she doesn't judge me. I can be myself and say crazy things without thinking. I like that.
(Our friendship is 3 years new)

7. My Demanding Dominican!- I used to work with her and do her hair. We always ended up at the same places. It is funny because we are a lot alike but so much different. I think I get to see a side of her that not many other people get to see. She rattles my cage and I rattle hers too. I give it to her straight and she does the same for me. I like that. (6 years)

Now- Understand that none of my friends live too close... So what to do? How do you find quality friends in your 30's? I am still feeling my way around the idea. I will continue trying to figure it out.

Seems like more and more Gustavo is becoming my MVP... He is getting better at being my husband and the man that I need him to be. That is only making me love him again. I guess our life has been a novela but thankfully it's starting to get to the good parts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment