Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Potty Training Twins

Having twins is definitely harder than I thought that it would be. Each twin has a different personality.
My twins are almost TWO and we have began to potty train. Here are a couple of tips and hopefully they can save you a bit of time and money.

1. Do NOT go out and buy the fancy baby toilet.
I bought this toilet thinking, "The twins love Mickey and awh, it makes a flushing sound" My twins were always taking this toilet apart and now they use it as a stepping stool. 25 dollars... Gone

This is the type for training potty I would recommend.
There are different animals. I think I have a lady bug or something. The twins sometimes sit backwards on it and it works just the same. The only part that you can remove is the tray. 14 dollars, well spent!

This is the cheapest option and very useful as well! (around 8 dollars)

I use this more than anything else, but as you know, with two babies you will need a couple of options because they go into the bathroom together.

2. Is your baby ready to train?
Find out!
- Are they taking off their clothes?
- Do they take off their soiled diaper or appear fussy when wet?
- Do they appear curious when you use the restroom?

When I would change the dirty diaper, I would announce what I found. "Pee Pee or Poo Poo/Ca Ca" After a couple of days, they were also saying pee pee and ca ca.

3. Positive Reinforcement... I do not give treats or candy, I do however clap and cheer and say "Good Boy/Girl" "Big Boy/Girl" Now they are also clapping for themselves.

If they pee in the training potty, pour it into the regular toilet and let them flush the handle. We say "Bye Bye pee pee" I know that may sound weird but trust me, It works!

We also have a little jingle we sing, "Poo Poo in the pot-tay" or Pee pee... Whichever is needed for the situation!

You want this task to seem fun.

4. Start tracking when your toddler goes number 2. One of the twins goes in the morning after waking, The other around 10. So try to put them on the potty around those times.

When your toddler wakes, that should be the first stop. 15-30 minutes after juice, try to use the potty. Try again before and after nap.

I hope that these tips help you out! I know that there will be mistakes along the way but hang in there! You got this!!!

***If your child screams bloody murder when on the toilet, they might be scared or they just aren't ready. Try again in a couple of weeks!

GOOD LUCK!!!







1 comment:

  1. Nice tips. Potty training was a nightmare for me too....but its done...finally..lol

    ReplyDelete